Monday, March 14, 2011

My Bracket

Here it is.  Unlike most, I publish one and one only.  There have been years where I have hit all 4 Final Four teams (2001 and 2004 were the last two times, so I feel I'm due) and years where I have hit only 1 of 4.  Last year I correctly predicted 2 Final Four participants - Michigan State and Duke with Duke winning it all. Also, I predicted Kansas State and Butler into the Elite Eight.  I had Kansas State beating Butler, and luckily won my pool by 2 points.  I never liked the idea of filling out multiple brackets and pulling out the best one after the first weekend.  "Look, everybody...I got 30 out of 32!"  That's weak.  Of course, I have other brackets to try and win online contests, but I'm putting this one out there.

I took a lot of risks, but I still put 3 number 1's in the Final Four.  I am sure I will get burned, but this year was very difficult.  Watch Wofford - they are balanced and experienced.  I wanted to put them into the Sweet Sixteen, but chickened out.  Gonzaga can easily win 2 games as well.  In that part of my bracket, I went with the Lavin factor.  He has made a habit of winning the first weekend. I also chickened out on LIU, because I think Carolina is too talented.  The LIU Blackbirds are for real, though.  They are unusually talented for an NEC team.  It's too bad they're an NEC team, because that conference never gets a higher seed than 14.

I love the way Louisville and Washington are playing and went with my gut on Temple.  The Owls looked fatigued to me last week, I feel like they can play well after getting some rest.  One more team to watch is Florida State.  They may give Notre Dame big problems provided the Noles can find ways to score in their first game and advance.

Let the Madness begin. By the way, a Buffalo Wild Wings opened up on Route 22 here in New Jersey.  If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend watching the games and chowing on wings there.  Of course, given my girth, you may want to discard my dining advice.  A few more pounds and I'll have my own satellites.

No comments:

Post a Comment